Thursday, October 20, 2011

IT

I decided I wanted to do a little something different, so, I am posting a poem I wrote. I will sometimes post them, when IDK but I enjoy writing poetry and figure I will share them. Some people who read this may have an opinion about the poem, it is okay either neg or pos-comment if you want. I am posting this one, as well as any others I end up posting along the way because I love poetry. It is a key to the soul of a writer, just like any other form of writing. Poetry has a depth to it, it is almost a piece of your soul, perhaps that is how the key is made. However, I find that there are many poems out there that really speak to me, maybe I will post one that speaks to you. Anyway-here is the first of many:

IT

IT is what you make IT
Everything you take from IT
Can make or break IT
Choices are evident
Decisions exclusive to everyone
And no one
In every second of every minute
Every hour of every day
Do your best, give, take
Laugh when IT is fake
Cry when your heart breaks
Scream when IT is too late
Shut your mouth when IT is at stake
Open your arms wide
Keep a guard on every side
Make your smile wide
Put your frown in your eyes
Escape at every chance
Drown if you can
Take IT all in stride
Nothing you do or say will matter, because IT is life.
 
Kerri Stepp

No comments: