Tuesday, December 13, 2011

December 12-Christmas Shows/Stories

So each year you can guarantee that A Christmas Carol will be aired right along with A Christmas Story. Both are classics, right? Of course, it wouldn’t be Christmas without them. So I got to thinking, what other stories and shows are always there during December. Of course you got the classic Rudolph, A Christmas Without Santa Clause, Frosty the Snowman and Frosty Returns. Oh, and it wouldn’t be Christmas time with Charlie Brown’s Christmas, or The Grinch Who Stoke Christmas. I grew up watching all of these, and reading many of them as well. I love how they have become a tradition for my children, just like they were around when my parents were younger. It never ceases to amaze me how long things can last. I mean, to see my children excited to watch the exact Rudolph I used to get excited to see, its so fantastic. It is yet another thing for me to smile about this season. Its just like A Christmas Carol, my kids know the story as well as I did when I was a child, and my parents, and their parents. Classics at Christmas time, are a part of what makes Christmas, I love that no one has taken them away. I thought of this because I spent the actual 12(since I was busy, I did not realize I hadn’t posted my Dec 12 topic-so that is what this post is) watching some of the classics with my kids. It was so fun to just sit there and watch movies that 20 years ago, my mom was sitting watching with me. If you celebrate the Christmas Season, or are not completely against it-think about taking time to watch at least one classic. They are all over different channels, all different times. Watch them with family, kids, friends, loved ones of any sort, or just watch them alone, but remember they are a part of Christmas as much as the decorations and traditions. Hell they are a tradition in themselves.
No matter how you choose to do it, just take time to watch at least one, its amazing how youthful and happy it could make you feel.

No comments: