Wednesday, March 7, 2012

To Do List: Research

Today's to do may sound a little like Monday's, but it's not really. Also, this will most likely not be a daily thing, it may not even be a weekly thing-but it will still be on the to do somewhere.

Research:


This is something you absolutely HAVE to do. Every book you write is going to require some type of research. For some it may be minor things, and for others (like my first book in my vampire series) it will be A LOT of researching. This is definitely one of those-You find time to do it, because you need to-kind of to dos. There is no way around researching for a novel. Even if you write non fiction, you still have to do some type of research for it. You want your novel to hold truth of some things, no matter what your genre is. If you don't research, your story may lack believability. Your reader is going to want believability.

So, make the time to check Research of the list. YAY! This is a short one. Sorry I can't give more helpful advice here, but really-JUST DO IT.

Happy Researching :)

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I had the opportunity to talk to some fighter pilots before writing my first book, so sometimes research can be fun.

Kela McClelland said...

Alex- That does sound like fun!

I completely agree. I found a vlog on youtube while I was researching for my book, and the guy has so much fun with his posts. I learn a little, and I laugh. It makes the research that much better when you get to have fun while doing it :)