Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Job

Just Jump Jobs...Joke

Okay, that sentence was totally not brilliant, but oh well. I forgot about J, so I'm writing this at midnight and I'm tired.

Anyway...

Job

I'm a self-employed mom and writer. I run errands and grocery shop for people who pay me to do it. BTW-being a mom is defintely a job, for anyone who doesn't already know that. :)

I know many of my followers have actual jobs, pretty much every adult I know (except my sister) has a 'real' job that they go to every day and bust their asses. Kudos to those of you who work, blog, read blogs, comment on blogs, write stories, have families....wow, that list goes on and on. There are so many people who do so much and accomplish everything amazingly.

So, there are no tips for getting this off the to do. Ah, I know-you all thought there was some magical way to make going to work every day easier right? Yeah, not right. This is one of those to dos (like the writer ones) that my solution is just do it. Just get up and go to work, bust your ass and come home to do whatever you find more enjoyable. Not saying that you don't enjoy your job, but every one has days when they just don't want to go to work.

Lol, I feel like this post really sucks.

Here's some random thoughts to make up for it :)

Just: Take a moment next time your in front of your MS and do a find and replace. If you have this word in your story five hundred thousand times-take it out. Though I know it's a necessary word sometimes, most of the time you can take it out.

Jumping Jacks: Enlighten me please. Who is Jack and why is there an excercise named after him?

Jason: Maybe I'm the only one, but every time I hear/meet someone with this name I automatically think of Friday the Thirteenth and I can't not picture Jason Voorhees when I talk to/about that person. Sorry anyone named Jason : /

John Carpenter: For me, that's nuff said. Perhaps not for everyone else. But I myself find this man to be awesome! Oh and for anyone who doesn't know who I'm talking about-he's a director, producer, writer and actor (on occasion).

Journey & John Mellencamp: Some J music I like



Happy J-day :)


10 comments:

Kathy said...

For working on you post at midnight, being a busy working Mom I think you did a great job of finding a 'J' theme.
Thanks for visiting my post and for your kind comments.
Kathy at Oak Lawn Images

Tara Tyler said...

a nice jumble of j's! totally enjoyed your opinions =)

blissflower1969 said...

I had to laugh at your Jason comment, because my husband's name is Jason. For some reason it was a very popular name in the early 70s. I know at least a dozen Jasons in the 35-45 age range. There were five in my class at school and 3 in my department at college. I guess they had to have a boy J name to go with all those Jennifers, which were also super popular.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

John Carpenter is also a composer of music. He scored all of his films with his own brand of creepily done tunes.

Jenny S. Morris said...

Just is one my words. I put it in WAY to much. I can't name a character Jason without making it someone that is a bad guy or at least skeevy.

Jen from Falling for Fiction.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

For those of us with full time jobs, we just have to make the time to do what matters most.

Gail said...

Pretty good j's.

John Carpenter...yes.

I thought there would be a market for the type of job you do. I would pay someone to do my shopping.

Mothering is a full time job.

TS Hendrik said...

Perhaps the jumping jack is the same one who jumped over a candle stick? A feat that frankly doesn't seem that impressive outside of a nursery rhyme.

Elizabeth Mueller said...

Hahaha! Loved your J post. Keep 'em coming!


Elizabeth

A to Z co-host<br

mooderino said...

I love John Carpenter's work too. Well, maybe not Escape From LA.

new follower,
mood
Moody Writing
@mooderino
The Funnily Enough