Monday, May 28, 2012

Mention Monday

So I had several things that came to mind for my shout out today. I was ready to mention this one blog. Then I thought of a couple sites. Then there were a few books. And then it was one book that made me KNOW what today's post should be about.

Karen Amanda Hooper

I read Grasping At Eternity by Karen Hooper this past weekend and it was OH SO GOOD! As soon as I finished it, I knew I had to shout out Karen in this post. I have a review coming Wednesday, so I'm not going to get into the awesomeness that is Grasping At Eternity. What I will say is this:

Karen is one of the best authors I've read in a LONG time. I'm not sure that she realizes her awesomeness, but she is very awesome. Not just as a writer either. She's an awesome, genuinely sweet person. She's humble and down to earth. She gives without thought and she listens, talks, connects. I don't know her know her, but every interaction I've had with her has been wonderful.

Not only does she take the time to interact with her readers, fans, other writers, friends; she does it all while being a fabulous writer. She stays humble through it all. All the positive feedback and all of the five and four star ratings of her books and she still graciously takes the compliment. She takes them to heart, cherishes them, appreciates them, and never lets it get to her head. It's rare to find someone who's books are so fantastic, who writes so well, and still manages to take compliments without their ego becoming inflated.

I could keep going on about how wonderful she is, but it would possibly get repetitive and even if I didn't repeat myself I think what I've said tells enough for you to see how great she is.

Here's some places and things to check out Karen Hooper:

Books-
Tangled Tides
Grasping At Eternity
In His Eyes Anthology

Like Karen on Facebook
Follow Karen on Twitter
Find Karen on Goodreads
Karen's Website
Karen's Blog
The Indelibles
Thursday TAG! with Karen (Q&A w/ me )

Please take a moment to 'meet' this AWESOME woman/writer/author.

Happy Monday Everyone! :)

3 comments:

kah said...

Oh my goodness. I have tears streaming down my cheeks right now. You are way too sweet and kind. Your compliments will stay in my humble heart forever. Thank you so much.

*huge hugs*
*more hugs*

DL Hammons said...

Karen is a very special person...and a knock it out of the park writer! She's deserving of the attention! :)

Kela McClelland said...

Aw, Karen, you are more than welcome and so very deserving. I meant each and every word. (((((HUGS))))) :D

DL-Isn't she? Just amazing person all the way around.

Thanks for coming by my blog. I hope you both have a wonderful day :)