Friday, April 12, 2013

Goals...

So I just realized I didn't post anything for IWSG again this month. Honestly, I can't remember if I did last month. I'm really at a point that I'm so annoyed with myself and yet no matter what, I can't get back to where I was last year.

I miss writing, blogging, reading, critiquing, tweeting, etc...Yet when I try to get myself back into it all, I fail. I'm struggling to find the balance in everything and finding it easier to just do nothing.

I'm always cleaning up behind my kids, cooking, doing laundry, and by the time I take time in front of the computer, I don't want to do a damn thing productive, I just want to sit. It's making me crazy though. I don't really want that, I mean I do, but I don't. I'm not really sure how to explain it. What I know completely is that it has to stop.

I started doing better with my crit group-of course part of that was being presented the idea of not being in the group anymore, which I didn't want at all- but then I fell back on that a little this week (and last a little). I've tried so many different things to get myself back where I want to be, back to doing what I want to be doing. Nothing has worked.

Last week I started thinking of ways to fix it all, and nothing really came to mind other than setting goals and forcing myself to stick with it until I get back into a groove that I can keep up without force. So I made some goals and I'm going to hope you all can help keep me on track. I'm going to post about my progress because you've all been really great supporters and I think it'll help me be able to keep myself on track.

Here's the plan:

  • Begin posting at least three times a week on my blog. (Starting Monday, April 15)
  • Write at least 500 words a day on any of my WIPs (I've got about 5 at them moment lol). (Starting today, Friday April 12)
  • Read at least one chapter from a book on my extremely lengthy TBR a day. (Starting Monday, April 15)
  • Finish every group critique by three days after it's posted. (This will have to start after the next posts go up because I'm already behind on what's posted as of right now)
  • Catch up on crits that are in my inbox. (I have one that I got WAY TOO LONG AGO and it's top priority. That one will be done by Sunday, April 21 preferably sooner. Another is only one or two chapters and I want it done by April 30. And another is an entire book so beginning April 21 I'll do a chapter a day until it's done.)
  • Begin reading at least 2 blog posts a day and moving to a higher number once I'm doing good with that. (Starting Monday, April 15)
  • Tweeting will come easier after I get going good with all this, but I want to be back to that by May 20.

That's the writerly plan, I'll have to work real life around all of that, but I will have to make myself be able to do writerly and real life. I did it before so I know I can do it again. I just have to get back into the routine.

Even though it's late, that's basically my insecurities I've felt lately...disappointment and annoyance with myself. Hopefully sticking to this plan will help that. Thanks to everyone who comments on all my post lately, the support does help.

I hope you all have an awesome weekend. :)

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hey Kela! Hope you can stick to your goals. Tell yourself it's do or die. And we've really missed you.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Best of luck in achieving some organization in your life.

SC Author said...

We all have missed you. So happy to see you again!

DL Hammons said...

Good luck with your goals! I'm pulling for you! :)